Development, by definition, is the hard work for positive change in organizations.
Each client is different. Counsel allows us to personalize our work with you to be most responsive to the unique needs of your organization right now. Working side-by-side with you and your team, we’ll help you assess the critical issues and guide the implementation of whatever change is necessary for you to meet your goals.
For example, Offord Counsel can help you to:
- Define and integrate philanthropy and fundraising into the culture of an organization
- Undertake a comprehensive, inclusive strategic planning process with key stakeholders
- Initiate development and training for leadership, staff, and volunteers
- Introduce a well functioning prospect management system
- Provide a business and financial framework for decisions around strategic plans and program investments
Board Retreat / Staff Training
Investing in the talents and enthusiasm of your organization’s key ambassadors is a key component of long-term sustainability.
Between one half day and two full days in length, customized Board Retreat/Staff Training programs can help you:
- Build a cohesive strategic plan
- Train new team members
- Hone fundraising skills for both staff members and volunteers
- Build consensus towards common organizational goals
- Encourage cohesion and improve morale
- Provide an opportunity for meaningful discussion
Organizational Capacity Assessment
Before planning for the future, you must understand your present.
The Offord Group’s Organizational Capacity Assessment offers you third-party insight into all aspects of the effectiveness of your organization’s leadership, management capacities, and work environment.
Included in the assessment is a detailed evaluation of the following:
- Philanthropic culture
- Core programming
- Communications and marketing
- Staffing structure and job functions
- Fundraising management and processes
- Fundraising costs and efficiency
- Prospect management systems
Leadership Readiness Assessment
Do your staff, board members and volunteers have the skills, energy and passion they need to achieve your goals?
As the key ambassadors for the organization’s mission, they must fully embrace your goals, and execute the strategies to realize them. The Offord Group’s Leadership Readiness Assessment uses one-on-one interviews to gain insight from Board members, key volunteers, major donors and prospects and other opinion leaders prior to undertaking a major fundraising initiative.
Fundraising / Campaign Readiness Assessment
Beginning a campaign or large fundraising initiative can be intimidating.
Your success depends on your organization’s ability to set goals and timelines, develop and execute strategies, and maintain a consistent, authentic dialogue among staff, volunteers, donors and the community.
The Offord Group can build you a strategic Fundraising/Campaign Plan. In addition to conducting Organizational and Leadership Readiness Assessments, the assessment will investigate/recommend:
- The achievability of campaign goals
- The reaction of your community to proposed priorities
- Potential competing campaigns
- Key prospects and volunteers
- Investments in your fundraising capacity (human and other resources)
- Changes to your organizational structure to prepare for campaign
Strategic Marketing and Communications
We think about why donors want to give as much as much as we think about what your charity has to offer.
We believe the power of your story directly impacts the amount of money you raise. That’s why we combine fundraising acumen with communications expertise to distill the messages and vehicles that will galvanize your communities.
We will provide you with:
- Communications audits, planning and positioning;
- Case for support development;
- Online marketing and communications; and
- Communications counsel and management
Perhaps you’ve made a few donations and would like to do more. You might be new to philanthropy, or you have a complex giving vehicle you’d like to explore.
The Offord Group helps individuals and families identify and realize their philanthropic goals. We can familiarize you with a particular sector, help analyze the impact of your giving, and develop your networks with other philanthropists who share a passion for your causes.
Our services include personal consultation, grant-making, philanthropic management, and personal development. Our approach is to match donor needs with organizations that have impacts. For individuals, foundations, and companies, our goal is to help you do the most with your giving.